About Shannon Michael
I started my career as a writer/researcher for American Way Magazine. Soon after, I had an offer to join a new advertising agency opening in the Dallas area. There, I was assigned to write recruitment advertisements and HTML code for monster.com. I quickly fell in love with web programming and design.
I have worked with various companies over the years in varying roles, including copywriter, website manager, website content manager, director of marketing, etc. In April of 2021, I decided I would give freelance another shot. I, like many others, lost my full-time job during Covid, and I was looking for something I would enjoy. With my years of experience, most companies expected a lot from me. I wanted to return to web design and concentrate on one platform.
Wix became the platform of choice for me. I chose Wix because it is robust enough to handle large websites and has many extra features for smaller companies.
Today, I live in the Dallas area with my husband, 2 kids, a bearded dragon, a chameleon, and a hamster. I enjoy traveling to the beach and the mountains as much as possible.
Below is my resume.
Web Design | Web Content | SEO Writing
Director of Marketing
- Develop and implement digital marketing plans and programs which increased social presence over 333%
- Manage the development of branding and corporate identity initiatives
- Develop and implement marketing plans, including promotional calendars and programs, new product introductions and other marketing projects
- Manage agency providers, consultants, freelancers and other suppliers, including
contract negotiation and management
- Oversee the company’s website and email marketing program and provide analytics
- Manage the workflow of all content needs for samsung.com/support
- Collaborate with technical writers, engineers, marketing, advertising, programmers, and upper management to manage launches of new products
- Responsible for launching all support microsites to support new products
- Develop schedules and budget with training, engineering, technical writing, and training to collaborate timelines and deliverables
- Launch a new district website successfully: on time and within budget
- Manage the entire website project from conception to delivery
- Develop and track KPIs
- Organize, write and edit website content and district communications
- Hire and manage freelance staff to complete the web project
- Search engine optimization